RCode is the R IDE in which RPGM applications are developed. RPGM is the software which executes those applications.
The button Open program opens the file choose to look for an RPGM application (.pgm file) and executes it. After, the application will be listed below, and a simple click will run it again.
A right click on an application opens a menu.
- Run executes the RPGM application.
- View details shows more information about the application.
- Refresh info refreshes the info the View details in the case where the application has been updated.
- Open folder opens the folder in which is stored the application.
- Remove from list removes the RPGM application from the listing (does not delete the associated RPGM application from the drive).
File -> Settings... opens the settings modal.
In addition to the language, the R version associated to RPGM is set here (if you are a developper: it is not necessary the same as the one of RCode). Moreover there is the choice between the 32-bit and 64-bit version. If you have no idea about this field, leave it to the default value: 64-bit. Finally, Output folder is where the outputs from the RPGM applications are saved.
Running an application
Once the RPGM application is running, using Program in the top left menu displays several actions.
- Restart restarts the RPGM application ;
- Exit program puts RPGM to the welcome menu in which you can select an application to run ;
- Ouput folder opens the output folder. You can also access it at the end of the application, if it has an end! A dashboard may not have one.
- R Console and Debug (CTRL+R) opens the R console, which helps to debug the application. In the R console, R errors are printed on the right separately.
- Save R data saves the current R session in a .RData file, which can be given to help for debugging.