This guide shows how to install RPGM Server on a Linux operating system.
RPGM Server has been tested on Windows Server 2012 R2 and later versions.
- R must be installed using the official website. RPGM Server was tested with R 3.6 versions but should work for all 3.x versions.
- Node.js must be installed from the official website. RPGM was tested with version 10.16.3 LTS.
- Download RPGM Server with the link provided to you.
- Right click on the rpgm-server.zip file and choose Extract to... and change to target folder to where you want to install it.
- Execute the file windows-install.bat by double clicking on it.
- During the process, an email and a password will be asked for creating the main administrator of RPGM.
- The program will ask for the server port, the server URL and the location of the R folder.
You can also modify the configuration manually by editing the
config.ymlfile. Change the settings in this file according to the config.yml file.
Start, Restart, Stop
RPGM is installed as a service. You can see it by going in the Services screen of Windows:
From there, you can stop, restart, start and with right-click then Properties you can choose how the server starts on Windows startup.
Some ports need to be open for RPGM to work from outside. This includes the 80 port for HTTP but also the port for PGM instances.
- Go to the Firewall with advanced security.
- Right click on Inbound Rules on the right panel and select New Rule....
- Select Port and click Next.
- Select TCP and enter
80, 25000-25300. Adjust these numbers to the one you have in the
config.yml. Please note that each launched instance use 3 ports (for the instance, for R and for the R help). So if you want your server to handle 100 simultaneous instances, you should use a range of 300 ports. Click Next when done.
- Select Allow the connection then Next.
- Ports are now opened!
To uninstall RPGM Server, go to rpgm-server folder and double click on the file windows-uninstall.bat. You might need to go to the Windows' Services screen to stop the rpgm-server service (See above). You can then delete the rpgm-server folder.