RCode is split into:
- The file / project explorer ;
- The other tabs of the program.
The project explorer can only be on the left (default) or on the right. Its position can be changed with the top menu View -> Toggle sidebar position.
The other tabs are (from left to right, then top to bottom):
- R Editor: where the R code is written, opened with a click on a .R file on the explorer, see R Editor page. Several editors can be opened at the same time ;
- Console: where the R code is executed, cannot be closed, see Console page ;
- Packages: where the R packages are managed, see Packages page ;
- Environment: where the environment is shown (R variables in the session), see Environment page ;
- History: where the history of R code sent to the console is saved, see History page ;
- Search: where a search in all files in the project can be done, see Search page ;
- Browser: where the help or the web outputs from R are loaded.
Tabs can be dragged and dropped everywhere:
- placed side by side, in a chosen order ;
- placed in columns, with a drag and drop at the top/bottom of another tab or of the whole window ;
- placed in rows, with a drag and drop at the left/right of another tab or of the whole window.
If there are too many tabs side by side, the last ones are hidden and a
▾symbol appears. A click on it and the hidden tabs are accessible.
Tabs can be viewed in full screen with the top right square
◻, and reduced at the normal size with
- (or Escape key).